Re: lvs with persistent require more memory?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: lvs with persistent require more memory?
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 19:38:18 +0900
On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 09:39:47AM +0000, SB CH wrote:

> Hello, all.
>
> I would like to load balance web server which using jsp.
> So I think that I should use persistent function of the ipvsadm.
> But lots of users connect my web server, so the lvs should
> remember all client ips into memory.
> then the lvs requires lots of additional memories?
> and this causes the server slows or not?
>
> please let me know about this.

The ammount of memory required is aproximately 128 bytes per host
that persistance information is remembered for. This means
that 128Mb of memory allows you to have 1,000,000 persistent
hosts at any given time. I think you will agree that wit these
numbers memory isn't likely to be a problem.

--
Horms