Re: Large HTTP Uploads timeout

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Large HTTP Uploads timeout
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 11:29:44 +0100
Julian, Ratz,

        Jacob is having problems when doing an http POST of a large
file (>934 bytes, I believe) from a windows client to a single
director, 2 realserver LVS-Tun. The connection hangs and the
client doesn't receive a reply. The problem only occurs when
the windows client is on the same network as the director.
Clients outside the local network don't have problems. He hasn't tested with a linux client on the local network.

I'd say MTU problem, but we need some tcpdump output of one single request stream. This should ideally be:

send request --> windump --> tcpdump on director towards RS --> tcpdump on RS

And we might need some proc-fs values and some 'ip -s route show cache' after a 'ip route flush cache' and _1_ single request.

Is it possible that the director has problems with large packets?

None that I would know of, although IIRC some patches for skb_fragment went in, but it's a long time since I've last stared at the actual code (shame on me).

Cheers,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq'|dc