Re: [OT] SSL Licensing (was: LVS and SSL encapsulation)

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [OT] SSL Licensing (was: LVS and SSL encapsulation)
From: pb <peterbaitz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 05:25:39 -0800 (PST)
It was just funny because a long term SA at work
actually says thwat and we keep hinting to her
it is THAWTE... but no use.... :)

> Whoops. Just a typo. Honest :-)

But to get a word of actual LVS in... we are
trying to overcome a Mirapoint issue (we don't
have wildcard certs yet) and their interface
forces hostname match in the SSL cert.

Another good thing to know, F5 and Foundry
both DO NOT put SSL Cert processing on their
load balancers, they offload it to SSL Accelerator
boxes.  So, don't let anyone tell you anything
negative about LVS in this regard.  The big
boys don't recommend or do it either.

But for now I wish I could get LVS to get a
WEBMAIL.domain.com to rewrite to a couple
HOSTNAMEx.domain.com ... I have a javascript
to do that for the moment, but the public/private
IP thing is an issue too.