Testprogram

Subject: Testprogram
From: "Jernberg, Bernt" <Bernt.Jernberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 11:26:14 +0100
Hi all,

Does anybody now of a testprogram that can simulate traffic from lots of
different ipaddresses?

We have four linux clients that uses ab, wget and dkftpbench. The problem is to
simulate real traffic from lots of different clients. The lvs does its job here
but when we have such a small number of ipaddresses/clients it does not balance
evenly. We have tested with several virtual ipaddresses at the client side but
with no luck.

We'd like to ba able to specify wich files to get with either ftp or http to
simulate real downloads from files actually on the storage. It would be nice
also to be able to specify a timeout when the testprogram thinks the realserver
is inaccessable.

Regards /Bernt