Re: Testprogram

Subject: Re: Testprogram
From: Joao Pedro Clemente <jpcl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 14:39:07 +0000 (WET)
> > We'd like to ba able to specify wich files to get with either ftp or http
> > to simulate real downloads from files actually on the storage. It would be
> > nice also to be able to specify a timeout when the testprogram thinks the
> > realserver is inaccessable.
>
> httperf will do both - it is similar to apachebench, but allows finer control
> over the request load and gives lots of detail about the response
> characteristics. you can get httperf from
> http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/David_Mosberger/httperf.html

Do you think it's better than jmeter? I still havent't found a way to do a
benchmark of the app we're developing, that has one login acess that I
dunno how to simulate:

The first page is a login page (think of hotmail, for instance), and it
does a post of loginname/loginpasswd. How can we control this interaction
to have several users in the benchmark?
Has anyone managed this with those test tools?

Thanks
Joao Clemente