Re: Heartbeat Failover - Localnode with VIP on lo:0

Subject: Re: Heartbeat Failover - Localnode with VIP on lo:0
From: Ard van Breemen <ard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 15:18:34 +0100
On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 10:56:22AM +0100, Uwe Kruse wrote:
> heartbeat: 2003/02/25_10:39:23 warning: Return code 1 from
> /etc/ha.d/resource.d/IPaddr

To be honest: I always had troubles using IPaddr.
I therefore made the same script that uses ip instead of
ifconfig, and arping instead of sendarp.

Find attached the new IPaddr.

If you need to up/down a lot of IP addresses, make your own
script. IPaddr is only able to work in a really select set of
cases. But hey, that's why you can add your own scripts :-).
Usage: IPaddr.ip::<the ip>
IPaddr.ip is only cut for the following tasks:
It adds a /32 to the interface to which that ip is routeable. If
you want to change that, hack the script, don't rely on
automagic.

--
program signature;
begin  { telegraaf.com