Re: [Ultramonkey-devel] Streamline Highly Availability and Load B alanci

To: "Segree, Gareth" <Gareth.Segree@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Ultramonkey-devel] Streamline Highly Availability and Load B alancing - ldirectord config
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 12:42:46 +0900
On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 04:25:19PM -0500, Segree, Gareth wrote:
> Hi Horms,
> Its been a while.
> Ive tried the iptables option but it doesnt work. Mails are piling up on one
> host.
>
> Ive tried
> /sbin/iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth1 -d 10.0.89.10 -p tcp --dport 25
> -j REDIRECT --to-ports 25
>
> and
> /sbin/iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d 10.0.89.10 -j REDIRECT
>
> and neither works.

Ok, in that case I guess you are best to use the hidden patch
and a loopback alias.

You should also use a very recent version of heartbeat, 1.0.1 isn't such
a bad choice. It has better support for manipulating the loopback

But please see this message for information on a directory that
needs to be precreated for this to work correclty.

http://lists.community.tummy.com/pipermail/linux-ha-dev/2003-March/005461.html

--
Horms