Persistant connections and time out periods

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Persistant connections and time out periods
From: "Chris Croswhite" <ccroswhite@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:41:22 -0800 (PST)
Hey,

New to LVS, so forgive my ignorance.  I have a problem with persistant
connections, it seems that once a connection has timed-out (-p secs) that
two things happen; 1: the connection is closed even if there is an active
connection and 2: no new connections from that host can be made.  This
presents a problem for both secure mail and ssh sessions (which can last
from 1 hour to 48 hours).  I am curious, can I setup persistant connections
such that they do not close a user's session and that once the time has
expired, that reconnecting will re-initiate and allow a connection again?

Here are simple ipvs rules that I have tested with:
ipvsadm -A -t 192.168.1.21:ssh -s rr -p 120
ipvsadm -a -t 192.168.1.21:ssh -r 10.2.1.10:ssh -m
ipvsadm -a -t 192.168.1.21:ssh -r 10.2.1.15:ssh -m

Using lvs1.07 on a 2.4.19 kernel.

I would like to scale this to be between 10-15 servers that deliver ssh
sessions and secure mail connections but need to understand how to solve
these issues.

TIA,
Chris