Should the Virtual IP shutdown when all real servers are dead?

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Should the Virtual IP shutdown when all real servers are dead?
From: "Johnson L. Wu" <jwu@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 22:46:16 -0800
 Greetings,

 I have a config where:

 2 LVS directors are setup as an HA pair.

 LVS-A(MASTER) has real servers R1 and R2
 LVS-B(BACKUP) has real servers R1, R2, and R3

 When both R1 and R2 go down, I see LVS-A generate an email notifying
 the realservers being DOWN.  However, LVS-B does not assume MASTER
 until someone unplugs the ethernet of LVS-A or simply powers down LVS-A.

 I wonder if there is a supported config for the master to tell the backup
 to assume active once all it's realservers fail.

 Thanks.

 -Johnson Wu