Re: FTP protocol in DR configuratiojn.

Subject: Re: FTP protocol in DR configuratiojn.
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 19:19:15 +0900
On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 06:09:47PM +0800, 古文昇 wrote:
> Hi all,
> I got an issue when using the LVS system to do the load balancing to a
> server farm with FTP service in direct routing configuration. And I
> set the Round-Robin as its distribution algorithm. Can I do the
> configuration without setting the persistence mode? Since there will
> be  two connections(command, data) needed to be established during
> service. And the Round-Robin algorithm will redirect the data request
> to another real server. And my customers don't want to turn on the
> persistence on the real server.

My understanding is that you need to enable persistance when
using FTP in conjunction with Direct Routing or Tunnelling
(but not NAT). The reason is that there is no other way
for the Linux Director to associate the FTP data and control
connections with each other.

For more information, please see:

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.services.multi-port.html#ftp

--