Routing route

Subject: Routing route
From: pb <peterbaitz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 07:40:21 -0800 (PST)
Hello all,

It has been my understanding from reading LVS
documentation, and from out latest internal sniffer
testing, that the packet-rewriting done by Linux
Virtual Server works like this:

  ---incoming request---->LVS----->RS
  <--outgoing reply-------LVS<-----RS

and what our latest sniffer trace found is the packet
outgoing has the IP address of the Real Server (RS)
but the MAC address of the LVS box.  Additionally,
we've noted (regarding our email system) that the
outgoing packets appear to come from the IP address of
the eth0 device (not the LVS eth0:1 IP address).

How does this strike you all, compared to how LVS is
"advertised" to work?

Thanks
Peter