RE: User base

Subject: RE: User base
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 12:16:43 -0700
> We are considering LVS and would like to get an idea of some
> of the other companies that are using LVS in production environments.

We have been using LVS here for just about 2 (?) years now with little to no
issues.  Support here is pretty good - between Joe, Horms, Ratz, Julian, and
Wensong you're going to get dizzy ;)

Before LVS I've used F5s and local directors.  Local directors always seemed
to cause issues with spanning-tree & bridging on our switches.  F5's were
solid but not as flexible.  Obviously price is interesting, too.  Free =
good.

If you are looking for high availability check out:
Ultramonkey - http://www.ultramonkey.org/
Keepalived  - http://www.keepalived.org/