Re: Documentation of Proc Values (patch)

Subject: Re: Documentation of Proc Values (patch)
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 23:53:01 +0200
Dear Wensong,

I would actually also favour Horms' approach, as the proc-fs variables documentation already partially existed in man page at one point. At least I believe so (haven't needed the man page in years anymore).

I see that we can add a note that full documentation on LVS is at
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/. Then, we only need maintain one place
for describing the IPVS sysctl variables
(http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/docs/sysctl.html), and it can help
bring more traffic to the LVS web site. :)

There is only a little problem with that. I for one sometimes have to go to a customer onsite where I do not have easy access to the Internet (yes, this happens in very secure datacenters), and thus I would be in need of an appropriate documentation of the proc-fs tunables. But then again, I normally do not need the man page anyways :).

The ipvsadm-1.21-5.src.rpm with this change and two typo fixes from Horms' patch is available at http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/software/kernel-2.4/ipvsadm-1.21-5.src.rpm

In the end it's your call, Wensong, but Horms has already done the work and here I do not see the problem of maintaining redundant information as it doesn't change very often.

Tian bu pa, di bu pa, jiu pa yangguizi shuo Zhongguohua. :)

Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq'|dc