Re: question regarding DR and uploads

Subject: Re: question regarding DR and uploads
From: Paul Nowoczynski <pauln@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 17:52:01 -0400
This is what I was afraid of..I'll be limited to the
bandwidth of the Director's interface :(
So it looks like you'd have to make changes on the client
or router to detect that the MAC address from the reply packets
was different than the MAC the client was sending to.  But if
the arp table was then modified then many things would break..
I don't know.. that's a difficult problem.
PAul

Joseph Mack wrote:
Paul Nowoczynski wrote:

I was wondering if there was any way to bypass the Director once
a connection is established?

Once the connection is established, the director is only functioning
as a router and it isn't costing you a real lot.

I remember thinking about your scheme in the early days of LVS and I couldn't think of any scheme to hand the packets off to the realserver,
much less one that would be useable. Do you have any ideas?