Re: loadbalance sugestions please

To: lvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,<lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: loadbalance sugestions please
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 09:20:57 -0400
Sjaak Nabuurs wrote:

> I have a linux box (a) in a data center connected to the internet with a
> 2Mbit line
> and a linux box (b) at our office connected with 4 ADSL connections
> 1500/256Kbit lines.

(b) is connected to what?

> I like to route traffic through the linuxbox (a) loadbalanced over 4
> lines to the linuxbox (b).
> On this box(b) is running julians equalize patch very nice.

I assume from your ipvsadm commands, that (a) is the director and (b)
has 4 IPs, each of which appears to be an independant
server.

> If I do a http request on ip(a) the I can see that ipvsadm is working
> and redirect traffic to ip(b)x but 0 byte's get out

are you making the request from (a)?

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/mini-HOWTO/LVS-mini-HOWTO.html#gotchas

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,
ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA. mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx