Latest RedHat "stock" kernel does not appear to include ipvs

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Latest RedHat "stock" kernel does not appear to include ipvs
From: Peter Nash <peter.nash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 09:13:58 +0100

For anyone else running directors on stock RedHat kernels a word of warning - I just applied the latest RH8 kernel patch, 2.4.20-13.8, to my backup director and discovered that the ipvs kernel patch does not appear to be included (that's why I always patch the backup first!).  Rolled back to the previous kernel and all was well.

Yes, I know that stock kernels (especially RH8) are somewhat deprecated on this list but they've been working well for me for 9 months and I suspect others use them too.  Anyway, I though I might save a few others some wasted time.

Peter.