module problem

Subject: module problem
From: Björn Metzdorf <bm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 02:59:11 +0200
Hi,

I have a weird problem with ipvs modules.

My setup:

Debian woody
Linux 2.4.20 (kernel source package from unstable, patches applied: lvm,
hidden-arp, 3ware)
linux-2.4.20-ipvs-1.0.8.patch.gz
ipvsadm 1.0.8
keepalived 0.6.9
modprobe version 2.4.15
rmmod version 2.4.15 (both from modutils-2.4.15-1)

using ip_vs and ip_vs_wlc.

I compiled the kernel (ipvs as modules), installed it, ran depmod,
everything seems fine.

but when it comes to remove the modules on shutdown, rmmod hangs while
trying to remove ip_vs.o . The shutdown script hangs (it does a plain rmmod
ip_vs_wlc && rmmod ip_vs), and the rmmod process grabs all cpu time
available...

I never experienced these problems before using older kernels and older
patches. I have tested and reproduced this behaviour with both the
all-in-one kernel patch of ipvs and the module version (as in
ipvs-1.0.8.tar.gz).

kernel log says:

boot:
IPVS: Connection hash table configured (size=4096, memory=32Kbytes)
IPVS: ipvs loaded.
IPVS: [wlc] scheduler registered.

shutdown:
IPVS: [wlc] scheduler unregistered.