Re: module problem

Subject: Re: module problem
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 15:38:32 +0800 (CST)

Hi,

On Sat, 17 May 2003, Björn Metzdorf wrote:

> I have a weird problem with ipvs modules.
>
> My setup:
>
> Debian woody
> Linux 2.4.20 (kernel source package from unstable, patches applied: lvm,
> hidden-arp, 3ware)
> linux-2.4.20-ipvs-1.0.8.patch.gz
> ipvsadm 1.0.8
> keepalived 0.6.9
> modprobe version 2.4.15
> rmmod version 2.4.15 (both from modutils-2.4.15-1)
>
> using ip_vs and ip_vs_wlc.
>
> I compiled the kernel (ipvs as modules), installed it, ran depmod,
> everything seems fine.

> but when it comes to remove the modules on shutdown, rmmod hangs while
> trying to remove ip_vs.o . The shutdown script hangs (it does a plain rmmod
> ip_vs_wlc && rmmod ip_vs), and the rmmod process grabs all cpu time
> available...
>
> I never experienced these problems before using older kernels and older
> patches. I have tested and reproduced this behaviour with both the
> all-in-one kernel patch of ipvs and the module version (as in
> ipvs-1.0.8.tar.gz).
>
> kernel log says:
>
> boot:
> IPVS: Connection hash table configured (size=4096, memory=32Kbytes)
> IPVS: ipvs loaded.
> IPVS: [wlc] scheduler registered.
>
> shutdown:
> IPVS: [wlc] scheduler unregistered.
>

> Any hints?

I run the kernel 2.4.20 plus ipvs 1.0.8 too. Just run your commands
"modprobe ip_vs && modprobe ip_vs_wlc" and "ip_vs_wlc && rmmod ip_vs", I
cannot reproduce the same result.

[root@dolphin /root]# modprobe ip_vs && modprobe ip_vs_wlc
[root@dolphin /root]# rmmod ip_vs_wlc && rmmod ip_vs
[root@dolphin /root]# modprobe ip_vs && modprobe ip_vs_wlc
[root@dolphin /root]# rmmod ip_vs_wlc && rmmod ip_vs

BTW, have you seen any kernel Oops in the system logs? Please send me one
(with ksymoops result) if there is.

Maybe you need to do a upgrade your modutils package.

Regards,

Wensong