Re: antefacto patch successful against ipvs1.0.7 and 2.4.19 kernel

Subject: Re: antefacto patch successful against ipvs1.0.7 and 2.4.19 kernel
From: Vinnie <listacct1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 10:19:00 -0400
Vinnie wrote:

Hi everyone,

With Ben North's very helpful information, I managed to hand-fit the "antefacto" patches into v1.0.7 of the IPVS source and 2.4.19 kernel source. After completing the patch work, I ran a diff against the whole kernel tree, to come up with a "single kernel patch" of IPVS 1.0.7 for kernel 2.4.19, *WITH* the antefacto patches in place also.

> Anyway, if anyone is interested in a copy of this "antefacto-enabled"
> IPVS v1.0.7 single-kernel-patch for kernel 2.4.19, point your browser to:

Just to get the word out, I need to let everybody know that I will soon be removing the "antefacto-enabled" modified IPVS 1.0.7 single kernel patch (annnounced in my original posting on this thread) from our webservers. That patch will recreate .orig files (from my original diff work) in your kernel source tree if you run it, and all we really need is the antefacto diff anyway.

I've finally taken the time to create a "just the antefacto" patch for 2.4.19 and IPVS 1.0.7. For those interested, please check out this one instead - it includes a README which has all of the info Ben North sent me when I asked him about the prospect of updating their patch for newer sources. Here is the URL if anybody wants it:

http://www.lvwnet.com/vince/files/ipvs/linux-2.4.19-ipvs-1.0.7-antefacto.patch.tar.bz2

I am in the process now of looking at M.C.P.'s 1.0.8 patch for 2.4.20, and do encourage anybody who is willing/able to maintain the code (or the functionality at least) of this patch for newer kernel/IPVS sources. My programming skills are "not quite there yet" (honestly, not really there at all for C). Will be glad to host (and give full credit to) anybody else's work on this on our website.

vince

Running a Proxy-Arp LVS-NAT Director/Firewall with Keepalived:
http://www.lvwnet.com/vince/linux/Keepalived-LVS-NAT-Director-ProxyArp-Firewall-HOWTO.html