Re: LVS Director as default gw?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LVS Director as default gw?
From: "Aihua Liu" <liuah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 16:33:5 +0800
>On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 04:50:38PM +0800, Aihua Liu wrote:
>> Hi,
>>   I want to use LVS-NAT mode. But I don't want to set LVS Director as
>>   the default gateway.
>>
>>   Can I modify both source IP and destination IP addresses at the
>>   Director? If yes, How can I do it? And anyone has other methods to
>>   resolve this please help me. Thank you
>
>Hi,
>
>I think that this is theoretically possible if you also
>have the real servers rewrite the source address of reply
>packets as the VIP.
>
>However, you are probably a lot better off to just use LVS-DR.
>It allows the (actually requires) the return path to the
>real servers not to go through the Linux Director.
>
>--
>Horms

Horms,
  As I know, the lvs director with NAT rewrites the destination IP address for
incoming packets and rewrites the source IP address for outgoing packets. Thus
real server must set lvs director as default gateway.

  Now I wonder if the lvs director can rewrite both destination IP address and
source IP address for all packets. Example, director replace the destionation
IP address with real server's IP address and replace the source IP address with
director's private address.So real server don't have to set director as default
gateway. Can lvs do it? Thank you