Re: ipvs-1.0.9 error when compiling

To: mma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,<lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ipvs-1.0.9 error when compiling
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 13:32:06 -0400
Markus Markert wrote:

> i have downloaded the source of ipvs-1.0.9.tar.gz.
> as i know, the suse 2.4.19 kernel has already the support for netfilter and
> lvs.
>
> which modules must i insmod?

all the ones you get in your ip_vs build. (they will be loaded by ip_vs when
you run ipvsadm).

> so i want to compile the ipvs and ipvsadm and they bring me the following
> errors:
>
> [ipvs with make]
> gcc -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -DMODVERSIONS -DCONFIG_IP_VS_DEBUG
> -g -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -I/usr/src/linux/include -include
> /usr/src/linux/include/linux/modversions.h   -c -o ip_vs_conn.o ip_vs_conn.c
> ip_vs_conn.c: In function `ip_vs_tunnel_xmit':
> ip_vs_conn.c:939: too many arguments to function `ip_select_ident'
> make: *** [ip_vs_conn.o] Error 1

I haven't stopped getting errors since I went to the newer kernels and the
newer gcc's. They've just changed the headers on this one.
I removed the last argument and it compiled OK.
I don't know if it's going to bite me later though.

Wensong,

What version of gcc are you using for LVS?

> [ipvsadm with make]
> gcc -Wall -Wunused -Wstrict-prototypes -g -O2 -I/usr/src/linux/include -I..
> -I. -DVERSION=\"1.21\" -DSCHEDULERS=\""rr|wrr|lc|wlc|lblc|dh|sh"\"
> -DHAVE_POPT  -o ipvsadm.o -c ipvsadm.c
> ipvsadm.c: In function `parse_options':
> ipvsadm.c:342: `POPT_ARGFLAG_OPTIONAL' undeclared (first use in this function)

you don't have popt (or your version is too old).

Horms,
        This one comes up occassionally. Can you trap it with configure
(or whatever)?

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,
ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA. mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx