RE: To GPL or not to GPL, that is the question ?

Subject: RE: To GPL or not to GPL, that is the question ?
Cc: "'support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 11:46:49 -0700
Hi Joe & Malcom,

> Once you GPL something, it's gone. You have no control over
> it (which is the general idea). You only have the copyright
> which says that you did it. If there are legal problems, then

I'm pretty sure that the copyright owner has the right to relicense or
repurpose his work anyway he sees fit.  The catch is that he or she wouldn't
be able to un-GPL what's already out there; but at least he could make some
money off his or her own work while still contributing.

Note : I am not a lawyer or an expert on the GPL.  If you take what I am
spouting as legal advice then you are just silly.  If I'm wrong maybe I'll
buy you a good beer :)