Re: binding 2 persistence rules/routes...

Subject: Re: binding 2 persistence rules/routes...
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 23:01:13 +0200
No matter what persistency rules I setup here, as I have 2 different ports
(80 and xxx) I see no way to say
"when user interacts with server, set persistency rule for yyy time that
maps user:80 to node1:80 AND ALSO user:whatever to node1:xxx"

set up a service with port 0.

Besides that, I also have another question: That service that is listening
in the server node will then give the connection to another instance, that
will control the connection from there on (there is a pool of instances
waiting to take over).

What part of J2EE are we talking about? Besides if you have good contact to some J2EE developer I'd be interested in getting it because the bloody ServerSocketImpl is broken as hell under Linux. Did they ever test the stuff with a packet filter?

Will lvs route those connections, that it doesnt even know of?

No, not if they don't match the service template criteria. Port 0 will take care of it.

I'm not sure, but this mechanism seems something similar to a passive-ftp
connection...

Yes, we could probably also develop a helper function but we would need to know how exactly you're using the API.

Maybe someone know a lvs-friendly tip to make things work. Btw, this applet
and the connection is used to allow
server->browser communication without using http refresh/pooling.

Sick :)

Cheers,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq'|dc