persistance headaches

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: persistance headaches
From: "patrick kuah" <patrickkuah@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 19:19:02 +0000
Hi,

I got a problem here regarding the persistance.
I had set up two web servers load balance each other, It running fine now.
I had configured http and https (persistance) in my ldirector config file, i had also configured my http.conf to redirect any incoming http:\\www.abc.com to https:\\www.abc.com using the rewrite module.

The problem....

First, the lvs will direct the traffic to the first web server in round robin manner and apache will redirect to https (also to the first web server). If the httpd service is not running, it will return an error page, this is correct but if i submit another request, lvs will direct the traffic to the second web server, the second web server will redirect to https, but due to the persistance mode , the https traffic will redirect back to the first web server which the httpd is not running.

how am i going to resolve this ???
Thanks for any help

Take a break! Find destinations on MSN Travel. http://www.msn.com.sg/travel/