RE: LVS for LTSP

Subject: RE: LVS for LTSP
Cc: 'Joseph Mack' <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
From: "Amit vyas" <amitvyas_cse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 00:40:27 +0530
Hi again,

LTSP provides diskless clients from booting up to presenting up the
login prompt as well as allow them to run applications on the servers as
if they are sitting on the same machine.
The limiting feature is that we require a very good configuration of the
servers. With the use of the separate storage subsystem it is easy to
build a set of real servers which will be serving clients on the
following basic services can share clients load.
1. TFTP (the clients would need this for initial boot)
2. NFS (they would mount all the directory structure using this)
3. XDMCP for the graphical session.
But LVS is more suited for the http and https servers I guess.
Is there any work around for this?

Take care and Bye
Amit vyas
IVyr. CSE