Re: LVS-DR where Directors are also Realservers

Subject: Re: LVS-DR where Directors are also Realservers
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 13:31:53 -0400
ken wrote:

> Recap:  With the VIP on the loopback device, I can't ping or otherwise connect
> to the primary Director/Server which owns the VIP on eth0.

none of the other IPs on the director are connnectable?

The VIP is not meant to be the primary IP on the outside of the director.
It will be shutdown on failover and there must be independant ways
of getting to the director  from the realservers. You do this with the DIP
which is on the inside of the director

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx