Re: Question about performances

Subject: Re: Question about performances
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 09:56:01 -0400
Sébastien Coureau wrote:

> Hello everybody !
>
> I've only one question about this stuff ... As we are in production
> state, we want to use keepalived/vrrp with many web servers, and so,
> with many virtual IP Address hosted by our LVS.
> What are the max number of those that keepalived can handle without
> troubles or strange consequences ?

I assume that "those" == VIPs

I don't think anyone has tested the limit. For a comparison, people
routinely use thousands of rules in netfilter without any problems,
so I would expect the lower bound to be in the 10s of 1000s .

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx