AW: DNS alias

Subject: AW: DNS alias
From: "Kettler, Holger" <Kettler@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:27:38 +0200
Hi,

> I'm not sure why you would want to ? But I guess there is no
> reason that you could not load balance over same IP, same
> type of service but
> different ports, like 4 tomcat servers (workers on same box)
> listening on 8180, 8181, 8190 & 8191 .. ... but then you
> could have apache/ajp do that for you!
>
> What was your reason?

Because its the _same_ virtual service. We got an java-based
app - which is meant to be loadbalanced - and some php-mysql
stuff (listening on dns-alias, both http). There is no need
to 'duplicate' this scripts all over the realservers. Its just
overkill.

So, I thought about name-based virtual services. That's all ;-)

Greetings, Holger

--
HIS GmbH Hannover    Holger Kettler
kettler at his de       0xCBBE85FB