Re: experience with LVS and cyrus imap

Subject: Re: experience with LVS and cyrus imap
From: Kjetil Torgrim Homme <kjetilho@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 09:37:43 +0200
[Torsten Rosenberger]:

>   i want to build a mail cluster with cyrus-imapd but i don't know
>   how to handle the mailbox database on LVS.

we use HP ServiceGuard for clustering (12 Cyrus instances running on
three physical servers, storage on HP VA7410 connected through SAN),
Perdition as a proxy (connects user to correct instance, also acts as
an SSL accelerator, runs on two physical servers) and LVS (keepalived,
active-active on two physical servers).

the other route is to use Cyrus Murder.  e.g. shared folders will
probably work better with Murder.  administration is easier, too.  we
have to connect to correct instance.  at the time we chose our
architecture, Murder seemed unfinished, and we were worried about
single point of failure.  I'm afraid I haven't followed its
development closely.

--
Kjetil T.                       |  read and make up your own mind