Re: LVS + Keepalived performances trouble

Subject: Re: LVS + Keepalived performances trouble
Cc: keepalived-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Sebastien Coureau" <lifo@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:21:03 +0200
> > I've got a strange lost of performance on my GW.
> > The traffic entering LVS is about 2Mb/s, and the one outgoing
> > my network is about 10-12Mb/s My GW is a Bi Xeon 2.4 GHz,
> > with 6 NIC, running APIC and HT
> >
> > The problem is that when having more than 6Mb/s the GW use
> > many CPU to handle, I think, NIC interrupts.
>
> What kind of NICs and corresponding drivers are you using?  What is the
> average packet size?

On the LVS, I've got 2:
Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5701 Gigabit Ethernet
(#2) (rev 21).
( working perfectly with 1400 simultaneous users, 2-3 mbits/s traffic on
iptraf )

On the GW, I've got:
2x Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5701 Gigabit
Ethernet (#2) (rev 21).
     handling internal traffic to external (public) network with all my 1400
users and 10-12 Mbits/s
4x Ethernet controller: Intel Corp. 82557/8/9 [Ethernet Pro 100] (rev 5)
( in real, those are 2 cards, with 2 NIC on each one ), handling max
100Kbits/s each (management, polling,
and so on ...)

All connections are HTTP requests ...
And my MTU is 1500 on each interfaces ...
But I don't really know how many bytes are answered to any request ...

--
Lifo.