Re: Problem with HTTP_HOST - do I need L7 switching?

Subject: Re: Problem with HTTP_HOST - do I need L7 switching?
From: Guy Waugh <gwaugh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 08:44:34 +1000
At 04:08 PM 24/09/2003 +0900, you wrote:
On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 03:51:50PM +1000, Guy Waugh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently setting up an LVS-NAT system with two directors...

<snip>

Hi Guy,

I suspect that your analysis of the behaviour is correct.
LVS does not change the  HTTP Host: header in the incoming
request. In fact LVS has no capacity to change the request at all.
All it does is to manipilate the TCP/IP headers of the incoming
packets so that they end up on the real server instead of the
linux director itself.

If this is a real problem for you it might be possible to write
some sort of helper module, something akin to ip_vs_ftp
to rewrite the headers. Or perhaps, more generically, some
sort of netfilter helper module.

--
Horms

OK, thanks Horms... I'll investigate both options you suggest...

Regards,
Guy.