Re: Linux Director Reliability

Subject: Re: Linux Director Reliability
From: Nir Tzachar <tzachar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 10:38:24 +0300 (IDT)
hi all.

> I am looking for information from people who are running LVS in
> production.

Well, i dont know how much u can call our environment a production one,
but we've been using LVS for 1 1/2 years (the first half year was
testings.. ).
Currently we are running kernel 2.4.20 compiled with grsec 1.9.9e and
ipvs 1.0.9 . We have 2 directors, in a fail-over configuration using
keepalived, and 3 real servers. services are http, https, webcache(by
means of squid...), ssl, telnet and ftp.
We also use a drbd device to support fail-over in our web site's data.

> I am most interested in how reliable they find
> LVS to be. How often does the system go down.
the system goes down ONLY for hardware maintenance, and kernel upgrades
(we've reached uptimes of over 100 days.. ).

overall, we feel this is a great system, providing both load balancing
and ease of administration.

nir.