Re: Problem with HTTP_HOST - do I need L7 switching?

Subject: Re: Problem with HTTP_HOST - do I need L7 switching?
From: Guy Waugh <gwaugh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 14:09:50 +1000
At 12:38 PM 26/09/2003 +0900, you wrote:
On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 09:44:14AM +1000, Guy Waugh wrote:

<snip>

Resolution speed shouldn't be a problem if you are using
/etc/hosts - file reads are pretty fast.

It really sounds like your best option would be to mangle the request
somehow. That way the application will get what it expects.

Yeah, sounds like this would be the best option.

Given the response of the vendor it doesn't seem that the applications
expecations are likely to change in the near future.

Yes, I doubt they will - perhaps there's some web-programming-guru reason for using HTTP_HOST... anyway, thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Guy.

--
Horms