Re: Win2k3 realservers IPIP tunnel

Subject: Re: Win2k3 realservers IPIP tunnel
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 08:40:04 -0400
Paolo Penzo wrote:

> Hi, everybody!
>
> I 'm using LVS on geographical basis (DR & TUN) with both Linux and
> Windows 2k as real servers.
> Unfortunately we started to migrate Win 2k severs to Win 2003 and we
> discovered that IP-IP encapsulation is not supported anymore by MS
> servers (see http://support.microsoft.com/?id=280484) so LVS TUN
> configurations don't work anymore if you use win 2k3 as real server.

too bad. I'd assumed they'd taked 5yrs to figure out how to do it and
with that effort would leave it in.

> I'm thinking how to overcame this problem by manually configuring IPSEC
> tunnels or something similar...

If the realserver is on a different network, you should still be able to
use NAT (although I haven't done it). Maybe we need a 4th forwarder,
like LVS-Tun/LVS-DR where the director forwards the packets to the RIP
rather than to the MAC address of the RIP or tunnelling to the RIP.

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx