RE: ultramonkey failover between realservers rather than load bal ancing

Subject: RE: ultramonkey failover between realservers rather than load bal ancing?
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:37:21 -0700
> We've been using ultramonkey/heartbeat for a while with one
> director (with a failover director) to load balance some
> services to 2 realservers and it's working great.  We have a
> situation now where we need to only have one realserver (r1)
> being routed to at a time and then have the other realserver
> (r2) routed to only in the case that the services become
> unavailable on r1.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how best to configure this?

Offhand it sounds like the ARP-problem to me.  Can you post relevant
configurations (LVS + real server) and tcpdump information?  (You can learn
the proper switches for tcpdump by reading some past LVS mailing list
discussion -
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-virtual-server&w=2&r=1&s=julian+arp+tc
pdump&q=b)

Cheers,