LVS-DR and fwmarks question

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: LVS-DR and fwmarks question
From: Ryan P Linn <rplinn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 09:52:22 -0400
Hello,
  I'm currently using a setup where I have individual webservers which are
using port based virtual hosts in apache. For instance, I have port 5678
and 5679 which map to ports 80 and 443 on a virtual host.  I'm currently
using a commercial solution to schedule these hosts and keep them
persistant together, however I'm hoping to switch these over to my LVS-DR
box.

  It appears that the fwmark group is what I would want to do to keep
people going to both ports persistant, but from the documentation it
didn't appear that you could do port mapping while doing fwmarks.  I was
wondering if anyone had done this and if they could share how they made it
work if they had.  This would be for a shopping cart type application
where switching between port "80" and "443" were necessary for security,
but because the application uses php sessions it has to go back to the
same server each time.  It appears very easy to do if they were actually
listening on port 80 and 443 but since they're not I'm very confused about
the correct way to configure this.

Thanks for any input
-Ryan