Re: Fault recover.

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Fault recover.
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 16:55:01 +0900
On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 09:48:32AM +0200, Carles Xavier Munyoz Baldó wrote:
> El Viernes, 3 de Octubre de 2003 08:11, Horms escribió:
> > 1. Read this post and patch by Alexandre Cassen
> >
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-virtual-server&m=105459391703228&w=2
>
> Ok, I will test it :-)
>
> A new question:
> With this patch, when I bring back the master director, the backup director
> will notify it the new connections but, what happens with the current
> connections established in the backup director ?
> They are not notified to the recovered master director, isn't it ?
> And when the master directos takes the VIP, this stablished connections will
> stop.

No. If you wait a short time before the master takes over the VIP
then the connections will have been sychronised. Alternatevely
when the old master comes back up make it the stand-by. Presumably
some time will pass before another failover occurs and synchronisation
should have plenty of time to occur. If you are using heartbeat
then this is called nice_failback.

> Is there any way to copy all the connections table from the backup
> director to the master director when it gets recovered from a previous
> fault ?

No. It would be possible to add some sort of dump request.  But I don't
think this would be wise as if you have a lot of connections this could
take a while and thus impact load balancing - if you have a lot of
connections the linux director is probably already very busy.

--
Horms