Re: hidding loopback interface does not work properly

Subject: Re: hidding loopback interface does not work properly
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 08:47:32 -0500
frederic.buche@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I just wonder if it is normal
> that I obtain an arp reply from my eth0 interface concerning the ip
> address configured on the loopback lo:0 (since a have the hidden parameter
> set up).

If you're on the machine, you will get an arp reply no matter whether
you hide it or not.

If you're on another machine and the device is not hidden (eg the VIP
on eth0:1), you will get an arp reply

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx