lvs nat works in "SNAT + DNAT" mode

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: lvs nat works in "SNAT + DNAT" mode
From: ziqiang <ziqiang@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 14:55:40 +0800
Hi,

I'm trying to get nat to do a "SNAT" in addition to the normal "DNAT", so that real servers don't need to be forced to make their default routing back to load balancer. This also makes more than one load balancer working in active/active way possible.

My question is that since the cp->caddr will be rewritten to load balancer's ip addr, the hashing can only be based on cp->cport. This affects the hashing function, and must also deal with duplication of cport. There should be another port mapping list to be introduced.

Does anyone have the same idea on this? Is there any better solution for this problem?

Regards,
ziqiang