RE: Graphing connections with RRDTool

Subject: RE: Graphing connections with RRDTool
Cc: mack.joseph@xxxxxxx
From: "Salvatore D. Tepedino" <sal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 21:05:29 -0500
On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 14:34, Peter Mueller wrote:
> Hi Salvatore,
>
> > To see what they can do, have a look here, but be nice, as
> > these arn't my servers, I just work on them.
> > http://laurel.webgemsinc.com
>
> I like the gradient look more than Alexandre's lvsgsp, it's a very saucy
> idea!  Maybe Joe can write up both ideas in the HOWTO?

Joe had suggested that, so I packaged it up after making it more easily
configurable and wrote up a bare bones web page for it with an example
graph showing 28 (fake) real servers. You can find it here:

http://tepedino.org/lvs-rrd/

It's really easy to set up. Change some variables, change permission on
one directory, put in a cron job and you're done.

Joe, If you want to include a link in the How-To, or copy the code,
include the whole package, or show it as an example of what not to do,
that's fine with me.

I'll be tweaking the code to remove the massive amount of redundancy
that's currently in the script and make it more flexible. I'm working on
a cluster with 2 real servers only serving up port 80 traffic, so I have
to simulate more elaborate setups to test things out.
Feel free to try it out and let me know the good and the bad. I know the
script needs alot of tweaking and optimizing, but I don't think it's all
that bad.