CONNECTION LOAD BALANCE Is it possibly with LVS? And with other techniqu

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: CONNECTION LOAD BALANCE Is it possibly with LVS? And with other technique
From: Xisco <metalzone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:57:27 +0100
Hello, My name is Xisco, and I am from an Island in Spain called Mallorca, I am part of a group of people that have a place with a lot of computers and, of course, a linux server managing connections to the internet.
We have a server with 5 ethernets like this:

eth0 --> Cable Router (gateway) (300Kbps)
eth1 --> Cable Modem (public Internet address) (300Kbps)
eth2 --> Cable Router (gateway)  (512Kbps)
eth3 --> Cable Router (gateway)  (256Kbps)
eth4 --> LAN (100Mbps)

I already have done some load balancing using fwmark and the ip command.

Using the eql modifier in ip, balances quite well lot of connections to differents IP addresses, but when I try to load balance one specific service like connecting to a FTP server, as it has de same destination IP, all the connections goes through the same Internet access, and I'd like to balance it in a Round Robin way trough all the interfaces.

Basically I want to open 4 connections to a single ftp server in the internet, and I want that each connection goes through a different internet access.

I don't know if that's possible, but as I read some Webs talking about TCP load balance in a RR way, I supposed it could be possible, but there's no clear info about that.

Thanks in advance.

Xisco.