RE: fwmarks usage

Subject: RE: fwmarks usage
From: "Francois JEANMOUGIN" <Francois.JEANMOUGIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:20:58 +0100

> > virtual_server [RIP masked here] fwmark 1 {
>                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> what does this mean?
>
> > virtual_server [VIP really masked, for sure] 80 {
>                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> and this?

Ho? This is a (not so) private joke. My security admin is reading some of the
LVS/keepalived lists and he don't want to see any of our RIP on our outgoing
mails. So, I have to mask it. I could have written 1.2.3.4, but then, the joke
is over.

Sorry, but the Armagnac was well served today.

So, you have to put you're real, colon separated, Virtual IP at this place.
Anyway, have a look at the keepalived documentation (the pdf one), It gives
pretty good examples on how to write your LVS config in it.

François.

P.S.: Is it me or my fùcking outlook do not wrap lines ?