Re: [ANNOUNCE] Keepalived 1.1.4

Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Keepalived 1.1.4
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 16:31:35 -0500
Joseph Mack wrote:

>  Since this is listening on 0.0.0.0 rather than say 192.168.1.0/24, I will
>  have to add filter rules to stop machines on the non-admin interfaces
>  from accessing it. Is it possible/sensible to specify IP/interface to which
> it
>  binds?

from Vinnie's HOWTO

mcast_src_ip doesn't do it. vrrpd still is listening on 0.0.0.0

I see a "master_notify" command in Vinnie's HOWTO. Is there a command
"backup_notify". If a master goes to a backup in a clean fashion,
I would like to remove routes. I see an smtp alert on MASTER->BACKUP.
This is close but not quite what I want.

Is there a

/etc/init.d/keepalive status

where it returns master|backup and a list of the other nodes that
it is in contact with (and their status)?

Is there a way to force a transition master<->backup, without killing
the keepalived on any of the nodes?

eg

/etc/init.d/keepalived priority=some_low_number

and later you could return to the original priority in keepalived.conf
with say

/etc/init.d/keepalived priority=0

Is there a list of the commands available for keepalived.conf?

Thanks

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx