RE: Keepalived to replace ldirectord

Subject: RE: Keepalived to replace ldirectord
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 12:21:43 -0800
> I have LVS-DR running  using  ldirectord on a RH7.3 for mixed
> windows and linux servers. Asking opinion on using keepalived
> instead of ldirectord to enable director failovers. Any
> input is appreciated .

Why are you thinking of switching?  Each piece of software has its
advantages and disadvantages.

Keepalived - architecture results in instant (<2 sec) failover,
master/master or 3+ directors is possible.
Ldirectord - more mature (less error prone), you already have it setup &
working, and you can use extra communication with heartbeat (e.g. serial
cable).

Cheers,

Peter