Ldirectord

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Ldirectord
From: "Peter Martin" <p.martin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:42:37 -0000
Hi all,

Not been around for a while, (must be good news!)

My old P2 350 Redhat 6.2 based director is still going fine, serving up
pages from 5 real servers.

I've been having some issues with the real servers (MS Win2k IIS/ASP) where
they just lock out (I know, I know, I know) so I thought I'd have a go at
Ldirector to auto take them out of the array and put them back in when we
get them rebooted!  I have it working fine on a RedHat 9 kernel and rpm
setup from Horm's UltraMonkey site on some new hardware and will hopefully
be swapping it out soon.

Just a couple of issues I'd like some advise on :-

When setting up the ldirectord.cf file I've configured a fallback for the
virtual service to an apache static page on the director it's self, only
problem is I want it on port 81 not 80, I've put port 81 in the config but,
when it builds the entries it puts it on 80 as viewed through ipvsadm, is
this a bug or by design, can I mod ldirector to allow me to have this on 81?

When ldirectord comes up and builds the rules it immediately puts the
fallback into the array, but, it has a weight of 1 not 0 as I would have
expected and so it is part of the round robin?  Again is this by design or
have I done something wrong?

Any help much appreciated as always.

Output from ipvsadm
IP Virtual Server version 1.0.10
TCP  lvs.ies.uk.com:http rr
  -> 172.1.1.7:http               Masq    1      0          8
  -> 172.1.1.5:http               Masq    1      0          9
  -> lvs.ies.uk.com:http          Local   1      0          8

Copy of relevant ldirectord.cf
# Global Directives
checktimeout=10
checkinterval=2