Re: Ldirectord

Subject: Re: Ldirectord
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 12:46:05 -0500
Peter Martin wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Not been around for a while, (must be good news!)

A quiet user is a happy one :-)

> When setting up the ldirectord.cf file I've configured a fallback for the
> virtual service to an apache static page on the director it's self, only
> problem is I want it on port 81 not 80, I've put port 81 in the config but,
> when it builds the entries it puts it on 80 as viewed through ipvsadm, is
> this a bug or by design, can I mod ldirector to allow me to have this on 81?

this uses local_node which can't rewrite the headers - the packets are
delivered locally. LVS gets the packets after iptables, so I don't think
you can even rewrite the headers with iptables.

The other question, I'll leave to someone who knows ldirectord.

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx