LVS in Mandrake

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: LVS in Mandrake
From: Ariyo Nugroho <ariyo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 03:27:48 -0000
Hi Guys!

You know what, when I was exploring packages included in Mandrake 8.0, I
found a strange package: lvs. Wow. And I'm sure that I never selected to
install this package. But it's already installed in my computer. So, I
guess it's included in the standard installation. I thought it's a very
good news. I could install LVS without any pains recompiling kernel. All
I need is just Mandrake's standard installation.

But, unfortunately, when I tried to run ipvsadm, it didn't work. It said
that may be the kernel was not configured with IPVS support. Hmm.. What
does this mean? Does it mean that Mandrake included lvs package, but
they forget to include the support into the kernel?

Recently, I got Mandrake 9.2. And I also found lvs there. But, when I
tried to run ipvsadm, I got the same message.

So, does anybody have explanation about this? I've searched in
Mandrake's website and found nothing about this.

Regards,

Ariyo