Re: lvs-rrd

Subject: Re: lvs-rrd
From: "Salvatore D. Tepedino" <sal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 19:50:44 -0500
On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 17:05, Joseph Mack wrote:
> For someone who hasn't set up any or this (or mrtg either), what do
> you suggest?

I learned by example. I looked at all of the pages in the gallery on
rrdtool's site (helps to figure out how you can use it) and read the
docs generally, then referenced as I was trying to figure out specific
parts. Then I set up rrd monitoring of several different system aspects
(cpu usage, memory, etc) to figure out what needed to be done in those
instances. Then I graphed the local weather using data from the closes
national laboratory (The only place I could get weather data more than
once per hour). Then, after setting up another LVS cluster in the midst
of all this, I went crazy. This was the result.

If you want, I can package up the scripts I use for my system
monitoring. They might be useful for reference. The lvs-rrd script has
the actual command line for rrd broken into tiny bits, so it's almost
impossible to read directly.

Also, the tutorials on rrdtool's site helped alot. They're well written.

And feel free to ask me any questions. I'd be happy to help.

--
Salvatore D. Tepedino <sal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>