Re: lvs-rrd

Subject: Re: lvs-rrd
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 07:38:50 -0500
"Salvatore D. Tepedino" wrote:

> I learned by example.

I haven't worked out whether I need SNMP or not. Apparently it's optional
(from one of the other postings here), but the docs aren't clear.

> I looked at all of the pages in the gallery on
> rrdtool's site (helps to figure out how you can use it)

some of us aren't going to live long enough to figure out every package
they want to install, from looking at the code.

> If you want, I can package up the scripts I use for my system
> monitoring.

that would be great. Even better would be some intro text explaining
how it works so we can change the setup if we want.

> Also, the tutorials on rrdtool's site helped alot. They're well written.

OK I'll try again. I gave up when it wasn't working and I couldn't
figure out whether I needed SNMP or not.

> And feel free to ask me any questions. I'd be happy to help.

it's good to have someone who got through to the end, expect to
hear more from us

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx