Re: ldirectord and DNS

Subject: Re: ldirectord and DNS
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:25:58 -0500
Tim Hasson wrote:

> It's possible. But I already use ssh w/ rsa for other administration purposes,
> so I don't want to stress out sshd on the real servers. I wouldn't trust rsh
> for security.

I have a similar problem. I have ssh for admin with a passphrase coming in on
a separate NIC. I also need scripts to run remotely for failover and currently
I'm using rsh under xinetd with hosts.allow|deny. It seems crazy with all the
effort I've put into making the machines bullet proof otherwise, but I can't
think of any other solution. Let me know if you come up with anything better.

> So does this mean that ldirectord UDP checks don't work? Or is it just not
> designed to handle UDP services?

don't know anything about ldirectord, bopefully someone else will know

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx